SSC CGL Notification 2017 Pattern and Vacancy
Age Limit (as on 1.8.2017): 18 to 32 Years (Different Age limits are applicable for Different Posts)
Essential Academic Qualifications (as on 1.8.2017):
- Junior Statistical Officer – Bachelor’s Degree in any stream with at least 60% marks in Maths at 12th standard level OR Bachelor’s Degree in any stream with Statistics as a subject at degree level.
- Assistant Accounts Officer/Assistant Audit Officer – Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent is essential. CA, CS, ICWA, MBA (Finance), MBE or MCOM is desirable.
- All other Posts – Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
NOTE – Final year students can apply on the condition that they must have the essential qualification by 1.8.2017.
Application Fees: Rs.100/- (Fee is exempted for Women, PH, Ex-Servicemen SC & ST candidates)
Payment Mode: Candidates can submit the application fees through SBI either by challan, generated online, or through SBI Net Banking. Payment can also be done using any credit or debit card.
Online Application: Candidates need to apply online on www.ssconline.nic.in.
Last Date (On-Line Application): 16th June, 2017
Dates of Exams: (I) Tier-I: 1st August, 2017 to 20th August, 2017 (II) Tier-II: 10th November, 2017 & 11th November, 2017 (III) Tier-III or Descriptive Test: 21st January, 2018 (IV) Tier-IV or Skill Test: February, 2018
Pattern of Exam (Tier-I): This will be a One Hour computer based exam of 200 marks. It will have 4 sections:
- Reasoning – 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- General Knowledge – 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- Quantitative Aptitude/Maths – 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- English – 25 Questions (50 Marks)
Pattern of Exam (Tier-II): It will have 4 papers of 2 Hours each. These papers will also be computer based.
- Paper-I: Maths (Quantitative Aptitude) – 100 questions (200 Marks).
- Paper-II: English – 200 questions (200 Marks)
- Paper-III: Statistics – 100 questions (200 Marks). Applicable only for Junior Statistical Officer posts.
- Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance & Economics) – 100 questions (200 Marks). Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer posts
Pattern of Exam (Tier-III): This will be a One Hour Descriptive paper in English/Hindi. It will have a pen and paper mode. The following writing tasks will comprise the exam:
- Essay Writing
- Letter Writing
- Précis Writing
- Application Writing
Pattern of Skill Test (Tier-IV): (I) For Tax Assistants (Central Excise and Income Tax) – Data entry speed test will be conducted. A speed of eight thousand key depressions per hour is required on computer. (II) For positions of Assistant Section Officer in CSS, Assistant Section Officer in MEA & Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (under the ministry of Corporate affairs), Assistant (GSI) in the ministry of Mines qualifying the Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) is essential. CPT will be composed of 3 modules: MS Word, Excel & Power Point.
Final Selection: Final merit list will be prepared considering on the whole performance in Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III. Candidates have to qualify each of the levels: Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III separately. No sectional cut-off will be there. Tier-IV is of qualifying nature only.