Current Affairs – July 2016 (Part – II)
1. TRAI has launched an app designed to measure mobile data speeds and send it the results. Name the app.
2. As per Supreme Court ruling, what percent reservation in promotions will be there for differently-abled people in all jobs under the Government of India?
3. As per Tourism Ministry data, which state was the top tourist destination in India for the 2nd consecutive year in 2015?
A. Tamil Nadu
B. J & K
4. Where was the world’s largest ‘charkha’ (spinning wheel) unveiled recently?
A. Indira Gandhi International Airport
B. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
C. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
D. Kolkata International Airport
5. Who has recently replaced Smriti Irani as the Union Minister for HRD?
A. Ravi Sankar Prasad
B. General VK Singh
C. Prakash Javadekar
D. MJ Akbar
6. Who has won the Canada Open badminton title 2016?
A. Manu Attri
B. B Sumeeth Reddy
C. Gurusai Dutt
D. Sai Praneeth
7. Name the state which has become the first in the country to introduce minimum salary for part time workers.
D. Himachal Pradesh
8. What is India’s position in the world mobile app economy?
9. When is the World Chocolate day observed?
A. July 1
B. July 4
C. July 5
D. July 7
10. Name the nation that plans to provide Bangladesh with a $9 billion loan for 6 rail projects.
D. South Korea
11. India has entered into a long-term agreement by signing an MoU with which of the following countries for import of pulses?
12. Which antivirus Software Company has been recently acquired by Avast Antivirus?
C. Quick Heal
13. What is the name of Sania Mirza’s autobiography?
A. Tennis My Love
B. Never Say Die
C. Ace Against Odds
D. Playing to Win
14. Which Indian para-swimmer has won 8 medals at the International Wheelchair & Amputee Sports?
A. Niranjan Mukundan
B. Deepak Munjal
C. Ravish Sindhwani
D. Jitesh Rane
15. Who has become India’s 1st ‘world class gymnast’?
A. Priti Das
B. Deepika Kumari
C. Dipa Karmakar
D. Payal Bhattacharya
16. Name the South African writer who has won the Caine Prize 2016 for his short story “Memories We Lost”.
A. Breyton Braytenbach
B. Ramon Galgute
C. Nambulo Nebele
D. Lidudumalingani Mqombothi
17. SAARC tourism summit 2016 was held in
18. Which State Govt. has declared that it will construct 100 km of roads every month?
D. Madhya Pradesh
19. Who among the following has become the 1st woman across the world to win the award for exceptional bravery at sea from International Maritime Organization (IMO)?
A. Radhika Menon
B. Priyanka Menon
C. Saumya Menon
D. Deepika Menon
20. Who among the following has won Wimbledon 2016 women’s singles championship?
A. Serena Williams
B. Agnieszka Radwanska
C. Garbine Muguruza
D. Maria Sharapova
21. Name the state which has created a Guinness World Record by planting 5 crore saplings?
B. Uttar Pradesh
22. Where is the National Banana Research Centre going to be set up?
23. Who among the following has won the 2016 Wimbledon men’s championship?
A. Stan Wawrinka
B. Andy Murray
C. Novak Djokovic
D. Milos Raonic
24. When is the World Population day observed?
A. July 3
B. July 7
C. July 10
D. July 11
25. Which team has won the EURO championship football 2016?