Current Affairs – April 2016 (Part-II)
1. Which Bollywood actor has written the book “The Kiss of Life”?
A. Rishi Kapoor
B. Emraan Hashmi
C. Varun Dhawan
D. Salman Khan
2. What is the height of Burj Khalifa (in Dubai), the tallest building in the world?
A. 670 m
B. 720 m
C. 828 m
D. 932 m
3. Name the telecom company that has started testing of WiFi based network with an aim of connecting 1 LakhPanchayats.
4. Haryana Govt. has recently set up a 2 member enquiry panel to probe into Jat reservation quota stir. Who is the head of this panel?
A. Harpat Singh
B. S N Jha
C. Narendra Saxena
D. Ramesh Vij
5. Under the UJALA scheme, which state has been the fastest to change 1 crore bulbs with power efficient LEDs?
C. Andhra Pradesh
6. Where is Puttingal Devi temple located?
C. Tamil Nadu
D. Andhra Pradesh
7. Who has recently won the Miss India World 2016 title?
A. Pankhuri Gidwan
B. Priyadarshini Chatterjee
C. Navneet Dhillon
D. Sushruthi Krishna
8. World Homeopathy Day is observed on which of the following dates?
A. April 12
B. April 11
C. April 10
D. April 14
9. Recently, Union HRD Minster Ms. SmritiIrani launched a portal for ISBN registration. ISBN stands for
A. Indian Streamer Book Number
B. International Specified Byte Number
C. International Standard Book Number
D. Indian Synchronic Byte Number
10. Which telecom company is all set to acquire usage rights for Aircel’s 4G spectrum in 8 telecom circles?
11. With which country has Saudi Arabia signed an agreement for building a bridge over the Red Sea?
12. Who among them has been appointed brand ambassador to promote “I Support SkillIndia”campaign?
A. Vidya Balan
B. Amitabh Bachhan
C. Sachin Tendulkar
D. VVS Laxman
13. Name the head of the 3 membercommittee to oversee that guidelines for Govt. advertisements are followed.
A. BB Tandon
B. Piyush Mishra
C. Rajat Gupta
D. NR Vasudev
14. Where has a statue of MaharajaRanjitSingh been installed recently?
15. Name the writer of the book “A State in Denial”.
A. Anita Desai
B. VS Naipaul
C. Yashwant Sinha
D. B. G. Verghese
16. Shani Shingnapur temple has allowed permission for women to enter its sanctum sanctorum. This temple is situated in
D. Madhya Pradesh