Current Affairs – March 2016 (Part – II)
1. Name the telecom company that has planned to install 50 ‘zero base’ mobile towers in the country. (Zero Base towers are multi-function towers that not only propagate waves for mobile operators, but also function as street lights, charging docks for devices, security camera holders & Wi-Fi hotspots)
2. Who among the following has been appointed Chairman of Law Commission?
A. Ram Jethmalani
B. BS Chauhan
C. Kapil Sibal
D. LK Mishra
3. Who among the following has been chosen as the brand ambassador of Reebok India?
A. Alia Bhat
B. Parineeti Chopra
C. Priyanka Chopra
D. Kangana Ranaut
4. Which among the following days is observed on 2nd Thursday of March?
A. World Heart Day
B. World Kidney Day
C. World Brain Day
D. World Lungs Day
5. Name the welfare scheme that aims to provide LPG facility to women belonging to BPL families?
A. Pradhan Mantri UrjaYojana
B. Pradhan Mantri Bhojan Yojana
C. Pradhan Mantri Cylinder Yojana
D. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
6. Who among the following has founded Blue Origin, a space travel organization?
A. Melinda Gates
B. Mark Zukerburg
C. Jeff Bezos
D. Carlos Slim
7. Which of these auto companies has entered into a 4 year agreement with BCCI as the associate sponsor of all international cricket matches in India?
A. Tata Motors
C. Maruti Suzuki
8. Who among the following has recently entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for Nail Painting?
A. Deepika Padukone
B. Kangana Ranaut
C. Priyanka Chopra
D. Sonakshi Sinha
9. 108-feet-tall idol of Lord Rishabhdeva, has been mentioned in “Guinness World Records” as the world’s tallest Jain statue. This statue is located in
B. West Bengal
10. Which of the following cricket players has been chosen as the brand ambassador of Revital H (a health supplement) by Sun Pharmaceuticals?
A. M S Dhoni
B. Ashwin Patel
C. Murali Vijay
D. Virat Kohli
11. Which of the following banks has announced the start of its work-from-home programme to try to prevent female employees from leaving its workforce?
A. Canara Bank
B. HDFC Bank
C. ICICI Bank
12. Name the online marketing platform for women that has been recently launched by the ministry of women & child development.
B. Women Kart
C. Mahila e Haat
D. Mahila Bazaar
13. Name the ex world no. 1 tennis player who recently revealed that she had failed a drug test at the Australian Open.
A. Venus Williams
B. Victoria Azarenka
C. Maria Sharapova
D. Serena Williams
14. Which of the following is the theme of International Women’s Day 2016?
B. Strong Women Strong World
C. Similar Status Everywhere
D. Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality
15. The Ministry of Health has recently launched 5 healthcare ATMs in 4 states. Which of these isn’t among the 4 states?
A. Andhra Pradesh
B. Madhya Pradesh
C. Uttar Pradesh
16. The first amputee football training camp of the world for kids aged between five and sixteen was recently held at
A. New Delhi
17. Which state Govt. has started Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana for providing free of cost treatment to victims of road accidents during the first 48 hours in the nearest Govt. or private hospital?
18. Melanophidium Khairei is the new species of ___________ that has been discovered in the Western Ghats.
19. On International Women’s Day 2016, UP Govt. felicitated the acid attack survivors with which of the following awards?
A. Rani Laxmi Bai Award
B. Meera Bai Award
C. Sarojani Naidu Award
D. Mayawati Award
20. Which of the following banks has recently got a preliminary approval for its Myanmar branch?
21. Name the lake where thousands of fish were found dead recently.
C. Dum Dum
22. Pro Kabaddi League Season 3 Title has been clinched by which of the following teams?
A. Patna Pirates
B. Bengal Warriors
C. Puneri Paltan
D. U Mumba