Current Affairs – March 2016 (Part – III)
1. Which of the following banks has become the first one to start the sale of Indian Gold Coins (IGC) in the domestic market?
A. Indian Overseas Bank
C. Indian Bank
D. Bank of Baroda
2. Feni is the first liquor product in India that has obtained the Heritage Spirit status. Feni belongs to which of the following states?
A. Tamil Nadu
D. Andhra Pradesh
3. __________ and ________ are the cleanest railway stations in India in A1 and A categories respectively.
A. Ratlam & Jhansi
B. Surat & Rajkot
C. Vadodra & Salem
D. Madurai & Nagarcoil
4. Which of the following days in the 2nd full week of March is observed as the World Sleep Day?
5. Who among the following has recently won the prestigious Abel Prize for Mathematics?
A. Sir Hans Zimmer
B. Sir Andrew Wiles
C. Sir Douglas Fergusson
D. Sir Alex Wiley
6. Which of the following movies was judged the best LGBT film of all time (in the last 84 years of cinematic history)?
B. Brokeback Mountain
C. Thelma & Louise
D. Kiss of Life
7. Raksha Kumar and Priyanka Kakodkar recently became the joint winners of which of the following awards?
A. Chameli Devi Jain Award
B. Aruna Asaf Ali Award
C. Rani Jhansi Award
D. Mother Teresa Award
8. Who among these has been chosen as the advisor for Khadi promotion?
A. Ritu Beri
B. Rhohit Bal
C. Mittal Bhat
D. Soumya Nair
9. Who among the following was recently conferred with the Knight of the Legion of Honour?
A. Dhananjay Singh
B. Tikka Shatrujit Singh
C. Viswa Jyoti Kapoor
D. Malvinder Singh
10. Name the bank that has launched a new “G-Sec investment facility through ATM for retail investors”.
11. Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi recently inaugurated the World Sufi Forum in
D. New Delhi
12. Who was recently nominated by the US President Barack Obama to be America’s 113th Supreme Court justice?
A. Dick Cheney
B. Merrick B Garland
C. Paul K Simon
D. Simon Nathaniel
13. Which of the following nations has built a tsunami alert centre in the South China Sea?
14. Which bank has started the first contactless mobile payment option to enable its credit & debit customers to make in-store payments by simply using their smart phones?
15. Who among the following is the author of the recently launched book Gandhi: An Illustrated Biography?
A. Chetan Bhagat
B. Pramod Kapoor
C. Satish Roy
D. Aamir Jaitwal
16. Uber has tied up with which of the following banks to provide vehicle finance to its ‘driver-partners’?
17. Which bank has launched Smartup, a banking solution for startups?
18. Which sporting icon was recently suspended by UN as its goodwill ambassador?
A. Maria Sharapova
B. Serena Williams
C. Victoria Azarenka
D. Venus Williams
19. Which mobile company has recently launched a new social media mobile application named ‘Waffle’?
20. Which team has recently won the Santosh Trophy 2016 Football tournament?
C. Tamil Nadu
21. When is the World Consumer Rights Day observed?
A. Mar 12
B. Mar 13
C. Mar 14
D. Mar 15
22. Europe and Russia have recently launched an unmanned spacecraft. The name of the spacecraft is
23. Who will be the first civilian President of Mayanmar after more than fifty years of military rule?
A. Nay Pyi Taw
B. Aung San Suu Ki
C. Htin Kyaw
D. Thein Sen
24. ICICI Bank has entered into a partnership with which of the following sports car makers to launch a co-branded credit card?
25. In which state was President’s rule imposed recently?
26. India’s first Organic Farming University will be set up in
A. Himachal Pradesh
27. Which of the following countries is going to host FIFA Under-17 World Cup in 2017?