Current Affairs is an integral aspect of preparation for Banking, SSC and practically all Govt. Job exams. Recent exam trends suggest that current affairs will have increasing significance in the General Knowledge section of most competitive exams. It goes without saying that national and international events of the last 6 months are critical from the perspective of any aptitude exam which has a GK / GA section.
Keeping this in mind, experts from the Institute for Best IBPS Coaching in Delhi have come up with a highly useful set of current affairs questions for the upcoming Main Exam.
Exam Relevant Questions
1. Name the team that has won the STAR Sports-ProKabaddi League 2016.
a. Jaipur Pink Panthers
b. Puneri Paltan
c. Dabang Delhi
d. Telugu Titans
e. Patna Pirates
Answer: Patna Pirates
2. Who among the following has won the Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award 2016?
a. Ghulam Ali
b. Ustad Zakhir Hussain
c. Shubha Mudgal
d. Ustad Amjad Ali Khan
e. Medha Patkar
Answer: Shubha Mudgal
3. Paolo Gentiloni has been recently appointed PM of
e. Costa Rica
4. Who among the following is going to be the chief guest for India’s Republic Day 2017 celebrations?
a. Farncois Hollande
b. Angela Merkel
c. Sheikh Mohd. Bin Zayed Al Nahyan
d. Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan
e. Jigme Singye Wangchuck
Answer: Sheikh Mohd. Bin Zayed Al Nahyan
5. Which of the following currencies has entered the official elite Club of International Monetary Fund reserve currencies (SDR Basket)?
6. When is the World Animal Day (WAD) observed?
a. 3rd October
b. 4th October
c. 5th October
d. 6th October
e. 7th October
Answer: 4th October
7. Name the first Indian domestic bank that has opened its branch in Yangon (Myanmar).
a. Allahabad Bank
b. State Bank of India
c. Oriental Bank of Commerce
d. Indian Overseas Bank
e. Bank of Baroda
Answer: State Bank of India
8. Who among the following is the author of the book Modi’s Midas Touch in Foreign Policy?
a. Ramachandra Guha
b. Sunil Alagh
c. Surendra Kumar
d. William Dalrymple
e. None of these
Answer: Surendra Kumar
9. Who among the following has been chosen to be the new United Nations Secretary General?
a. Kristalina Georgieva
b. Natalia Gherman
c. Antonio Guterres
d. Vitaly Churkin
e. Irina Bokova
Answer: Antonio Guterres
10. Juan Manuel Santos, the Nobel Peace Prize 2016 winner, is the President of
11. The headquarters of International Energy Agency (IEA) are located in
e. New York
12. Abdelilah Benkirane has been re-elected Prime Minister of which of the following nations?
d. Saudi Arabia
e. United Arab Emirates
13. Where was the World Ayurveda Congress held recently?
14. Cybathlon: World’s 1st Bionic Olympics was recently held in
15. India’s rank on Global Hunger Index (GHI) 2016 is
16. Where has the National SC/ST hub been launched recently?
17. Which among these has become the country’s 1st parliamentary constituency to provide health insurance to all?
b. Rae Bareli
18. Kabaddi World Cup 2016 has been won by
19. Where was the India-Arab Partnership Conference 2016 held recently?
a. Saudi Arabia
20. Where will the FIFA 2018 World Cup be held?
21. Which country has won the Davis Cup 2016 tennis tournament?
22. Name the entity to have started India’s first payment bank service.
a. Cholamandalam Distribution Services
b. Airtel M Commerce Services
c. Vodafone M-Pesa
d. Tech Mahindra
e. FINO PayTech
Answer: Airtel M Commerce Services
23. Antonio Costa, who will be the chief guest for Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) 2017, is the Prime Minister of
24. V G Kannan has recently become the Chief Executive of
a. Indian Banks Association (IBA)
Answer: Indian Banks Association (IBA)
25. In which of the following countries will the Govt. of India establish a Center of Excellence in Information Technology?
26. Which Indian state will be the first one to go cashless?
b. Himachal Pradesh
e. Andhra Pradesh
27. ‘Konkan 16’, a bilateral maritime exercise, was recently conducted between the navies of India and
28. Bernard Cazeneuve has recently become the PM of
29. Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar will be the ______ Chief Justice of India.
30. Which team did India defeat in the finals to win the Junior World Cup Hockey Championship?
31. “NIDHI” is an umbrella programme launched by the Government of India for nurturing start ups. The full form of “NIDHI” is
a. National Invitation for Developing and Harnessing Innovations
b. New Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovations
c. National Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovations
d. New India for Developing and Harnessing Innovations
e. None of these
Answer: National Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovations
32. The name of Chris Gayle’s autobiography is
a. Six Machine
b. Storm on the field
c. Master Blaster
d. Run Machine
e. Match Winner
Answer: Six Machine
33. G-20 Summit 2016 took place in which of the following countries?
34. Where is the world’s largest cricket stadium (in terms of seating capacity) going to come up?
c. Uttar Pradesh
d. Madhya Pradesh
35. Angelique Kerber, 2016 US Open Women’s Singles champion, is from
c. Czech Republic
36. What is the rank of Hindi on the World Power Language Index 2016?
37. “Democrats and Dissenters” has been authored by whom?
a. Upamanyu Chatterjee
b. Ramchandra Guha
c. Vikram Seth
d. Arundhati Roy
e. Irom Sharmila
Answer: Ramchandra Guha
38. Name the high court which has recently termed triple talaq (Talaq-e-bidat) unconstitutional.
a. Lucknow High Court
b. Mumbai High Court
c. Allahabad High Court
d. Calcutta High Court
e. Patna High Court
Answer: Allahabad High Court
39. Name the film which has been chosen to be India’s official entry in the foreign language film category in Academy (Oscar) Awards 2017.
40. Where has the world’s largest solar power plant been set up?
a. Andhra Pradesh
c. Tamil Nadu
e. None of these
Answer: Tamil Nadu
Having gone through the above questions, you now have a fair idea as to what you can expect from general awareness section in Banking PO / Clerk exams. To keep abreast of the latest national & international happenings from around the world, it is suggested that you watch Youtube GK videos offered by Vidya Guru, a Centre for Top Bank Coaching in Delhi.
The questions presented above are highly relevant for upcoming Banking, SSC and similar competitive exams. For further guidance on how to prepare for GK section, you can get in touch with Vidya Guru experts by writing at email@example.com.