With recruitment notifications for Banking and SSC vacancies getting released frequently, it is time to focus on exam preparation. General awareness is one area from where you can score some sure shot marks, provided you work in the right direction. Being able to anticipate the type of questions asked in the exam can take your preparation to a much higher level.
In this regard, the latest GK capsule released by Vidya Guru, the Institute for Best SSC Coaching Classes in Delhi, will be really beneficial. This capsule deals with current affairs questions that are highly important from the exam perspective.
Current Affairs May 2017
1. Moon Jae-in has become the President of
a. North Korea
d. South Korea
Answer: South Korea
2. Name the world’s highest wicket taker in women’s one day international cricket.
a. Jhulan Goswami
b. Poonam Raut
c. Deepti Sharma
d. Cathryn Fitzpatrick
Answer: Jhulan Goswami
3. When is World Thalassaemia Day observed?
a. 7th May
b. 8th May
d. 17th May
Answer: 8th May
4. Name the country that is going to host the Arctic Energy Summit 2017.
5. Hubert Minnis has been elected Prime Minister of
6. The 1st summit of One Belt One Road initiative was recently held in
d. South Korea
7. Anil Madhav Dave, who died recently, was the Union minister of
a. Civil Aviation
b. Urban Development
d. Science & Technology
8. “The quest for a world without hunger” is a book written by
a. Norman Borlaug
b. Ramachandra Guha
c. Venkaiah Naidu
d. MS Swaminathan
Answer: MS Swaminathan
9. When was the World Fair Trade Day 2017 observed?
a. 4th May
b. 6th May
d. 19th May
Answer: 13th May
10. Edouard Philippe has been appointed Prime Minister of
d. New Zealand
11. Mahmoud Abbas, who recently visited India, is the President of
12. Where is the 2017 G-7 summit going to be held?
13. Which of the following organizations has recently received Indira Gandhi Peace Prize 2014?
a. Amnesty International
b. Reporters without Borders
d. Red Cross
14. Name the winner of Indira Gandhi Peace Prize 2015.
a. United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
c. International Atomic Energy Agency
d. World Wildlife Fund
Answer: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
15. SIMBEX-17, a maritime exercise, was recently conducted by the navies of India and
c. Sri Lanka
16. Which of the following isn’t one of the tax slabs in GST regime?
17. Where was the G-20 Labour and Employment Ministers’ meet held recently?
18. When is the World Telecommunication & Information Society Day observed?
a. 17th May
b. 19th May
c. 22nd May
d. 23rd May
Answer: 17th May
19. Hassan Rouhani has been re-elected President of
20. Apart from Ministry of Earth Sciences and Ministry of Science & Technology, Dr. Harshvardhan has been given additional charge of
a. Ministry of Human Resource Development
b. Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
c. Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
d. Ministry of Labour & Employment
Answer: Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
21. Name the state that has topped the Public Affairs Index 2017 in governance.
b. Himachal Pradesh
c. Andhra Pradesh
22. An expanded Preferential Trade Agreement was implemented recently between India and
23. Name the ransomware that is attacking computers all over the world.
24. Name the company which has come up with India’s 1st Insurance plan that can be purchased at point of sale.
a. Edelweiss Tokio
b. ICICI Prudential
c. HDFC Standard Life
d. Max Life Insurance
Answer: Edelweiss Tokio
25. Which pair recently created the world record for the largest first wicket partnership in ODI cricket?
a. Deepti Sharma & Mithali Raj
b. Deepti Sharma & Jhulan Goswami
c. Deepti Sharma & Poonam Raut
d. Poonam Raut & Mithali Raj
Answer: Deepti Sharma & Poonam Raut
26. India is going to replace which of its following research stations in Antartica?
c. Dakshin Gangotri
d. Dakshin Yamunotri
27. Name the team that has recently won the 2017 Federation Cup Football title.
a. Dempo SC
b. Aizwal FC
c. East Bengal FC
d. Bengaluru FC
Answer: Bengaluru FC
28. Dr. Purnima Barman & Sanjay Gubbi have recently won the Prestigious
a. Pulitzer Prize
b. Whitley Award
c. Magsaysay Award
d. Field Prize
Answer: Whitley Award
29. The only Indian to win a gold medal at the recently concluded Asian Wrestling Championship was
a. Sakshi Malik
b. Babita Phogat
c. Bajrang Punia
d. Geeta Phogat
Answer: Bajrang Punia
30. Whom did WHO recently appoint as its Goodwill Ambassador for Hepatitis in the South-East Asia Region?
a. Amitabh Bachchan
b. Salman Khan
c. Shahrukh Khan
d. Aamir Khan
Answer: Amitabh Bachchan
31. The official mascot for the Asian Athletics Championship 2017 is
32. Name the two public sector banks against whom RBI has invoked the Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework recently.
a. Canara Bank & PNB
b. IDBI & UCO Bank
c. UCO Bank & Canara Bank
d. IDBI & Bank of Baroda
Answer: IDBI & UCO Bank
33. Which team did Mumbai Indians defeat in the finals to win IPL 2017?
a. Sunrisers Hyderabad
b. Kings XI Punjab
c. Rising Pune Supergiant
d. Kolkata Knight Riders
Answer: Rising Pune Supergiant
34. When is the International Day for Biodiversity observed?
a. 12th May
b. 16th May
c. 20th May
d. 22nd May
Answer: 22nd May
35. Where is the 1st electric cab fleet going to be launched in India?
The learning from this capsule can be further enhanced, if you also watch SSC Video Classes available on our Youtube Channel. For those candidates who are specifically preparing for Banking examinations, our quality study material and Online Classes for IBPS PO will be most beneficial.
This current affairs update has been posted by Vidya Guru Faculty for candidates who are engaged in competitive exam preparation. In case of any query or some need of guidance, pls. feel free to write a mail at email@example.com.