Getting a job in the State Bank of India is like a dream coming true for almost all banking exam aspirants. With the release of SBI Clerk notification for this year, everybody is geared up to participate in the recruitment process. However, this process for clerical (junior associate) vacancies has undergone considerable change from the last time. Two rounds of aptitude exam will be conducted as opposed to a single round previously. Moreover, as of now, it is not certain whether the interview will be conducted. Interview will be conducted only if there is an approval from the Govt. of India.
Considering these changes, the Institute for Best SBI Coaching in Delhi has explained below the details of the revised exam pattern that you must know.
Phase: I (Online Exam – Preliminary)
- The preliminary exam will be computer based and is going to have composite time duration of 1 hour.
- This exam will have a total of 100 questions, where each question is worth one mark.
- The weightage of the sections is as follows: (I) English – 30 marks (II) Numerical Ability – 35 marks (III) Reasoning – 35 marks
- The cutoffs for all the three sections will have to be cleared individually. SBI will decide the cutoff marks for each section.
- On the basis of this exam, SBI is going to shortlist candidates for the main exam. The number of candidates who are shortlisted will be around twenty times the total number of vacancies.
NOTE: (I) Composite time duration means that there will not be a separate time limit for each section. (II) The preliminary exam is only qualifying in nature. The marks obtained in it will not be considered at the time of preparation of final merit list.
Phase: II Online Exam – Mains
- The main exam will also be computer based. It will have time duration of 2 Hours 40 minutes.
- The exam will have a total of 190 questions spread across 4 sections.
- The section wise breakup of the exam is as follows: A. General Awareness & Financial Awareness – 50 questions (50 marks) B. English Language – 40 questions (40 marks) C. Quant / Maths – 50 questions (50 marks) D. Reasoning Ability & Computer Awareness – 50 questions (60 marks).
- There will be a separate time limit for each of the four sections: A. General Awareness & Financial Awareness – 35 minutes B. English Language – 35 minutes C. Quant / Maths – 45 minutes D. Reasoning Ability & Computer Awareness – 45 minutes.
- You will have to score minimum qualifying marks in each section. These marks will be decided by SBI on the basis of overall performance of all those who sit in the exam.
NOTE: Scoring minimum qualifying marks alone is not enough to be considered for selection. In addition to that, your aggregate score must be high enough to beat others in the competition.
Phase: III (Interview – Subject to GOI Approval)
- Those who qualify the main exam and rank sufficiently high in the order of merit will be called for the interview.
- The number of interview calls sent will be 3 times the total number of vacancies in that category.
- Scoring minimum percentage marks in the interview is compulsory in order to be considered for selection.
Test of Local and/or Official Language
- To demonstrate your competence in official (local) language, you will have to submit 10th class mark sheet / certificate as the evidence.
- Those who have not studied official (local) language at class 10th level will have to appear in a language test to be conducted along with the interview (if the interview is held).
- In case the interview is not conducted, then the language test will be held before the final selection.
- Qualifying this test will be a must. Those who are found not to be proficient in official and / or local language will stand disqualified.
- Final merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the main exam and the interview (if it gets conducted).
- Marks scored in Phase – I (preliminary exam) of the selection process will not be considered in final selection.
Now that you have understood the exam pattern in detail, what you need to focus on is thorough and systematic preparation. In this regard, seeking guidance and support from faculty providing Top Bank PO Classes in Delhi can be highly beneficial to you.
This article thoroughly explains SBI Clerk 2016 exam pattern. However, you can write to Vidya Guru Institute experts at email@example.com in case of any doubt or confusion.