SSC CGL 2018 Vacancy Notification and Exam Date
Age Criteria (as on 1.8.2018): 18 to 32 Years (different age criteria are applicable for different posts)
Eligibility-Academic Qualifications (as on 1.8.2018):
- Junior Statistical Officer – Bachelor’s Degree in any stream with a minimum of 60% marks in Maths at 12th class level OR Bachelor’s Degree in any stream along with Statistics as a subject at the degree level.
- Assistant Accounts Officer & Assistant Audit Officer – Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent qualification is essential. CA, ICWA, CS, MBA (Finance) Masters in Business Economics or MCOM is desirable.
- All other Posts – Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
NOTE – Candidates in the final year of graduation can apply subject to the condition that they must attain the essential academic qualification by or before 1st August, 2018.
Application Fees: Rs.100/- (Fees is exempted for SC, ST, Women, Physically Handicapped & Ex-Servicemen)
Mode of Fee Payment: Fee can be submitted through SBI Net Banking / SBI Challan or by using MasterCard, Visa, or Maestro Debit or Credit card.
Online Application: Candidates have to apply online on the website: www.ssconline.nic.in.
Dates for Online Application Submission: From 5th May, 2018 to 4th June, 2018 (till 5:00 pm).
Last Date (Fee Payment – Online): Till 4th June, 2018 (up to 5:00 pm) in case of online payment.
Last Date (Fee Payment – SBI Challan): Payment through SBI challan, can be done at select branches of SBI within the Bank’s working hours up to 7th June, 2018 provided the challan was generated by 4th June, 2018 (up to 5:00 pm).
Exam Dates: (I) Tier-I: 25th July, 2018 to 20th August, 2018 (II) Tier-II: Will be notified later (III) Tier-III or Descriptive Test: Will be notified later (IV) Tier-IV or Skill Test: Will be notified later
Scheme of Examination (Tier-I): It will be a One Hour computer-based exam of 200 marks having 4 sections:
- Reasoning & General Intelligence – 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- General Knowledge – 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- Maths (Quantitative Aptitude) – 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- English Language Comprehension – 25 Questions (50 Marks)
Scheme of Examination (Tier-II): It will have 4 papers of 2 Hours each. It will also be a computer-based exam.
- Paper-I: Maths (Quantitative Aptitude) – 100 questions (200 Marks).
- Paper-II: English – 200 questions (200 Marks)
- Paper-III: Statistics (For Junior Statistical Officer) – 100 questions (200 Marks).
- Paper-IV: General Studies – Finance & Economics (For Assistant Accounts Officer/Assistant Audit Officer) – 100 questions (200 Marks).
Scheme of Examination (Tier-III): It is going to be a 1 Hour Descriptive paper in Hindi or English conducted in pen and paper mode. The exam will comprise the following writing tasks:
- Essay Writing
- Letter Writing
- Précis Writing
- Application Writing
Scheme of Skill Test (Tier-IV): (I) For Tax Assistants (Income Tax & Central Excise) – A Data entry speed test will be conducted. A speed of eight thousand key depressions per hour is required on computer. (II) For positions of Assistant Section Officer in MEA & CSS, Assistant (GSI) in the ministry of Mines and Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (under the ministry of Corporate affairs) qualifying the CPT (Computer Proficiency Test) is essential. The CPT will comprise 3 modules: MS Word, Excel & Power Point.
Final Selection: Final merit list is going to be prepared considering the overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III Exams. Candidates have to qualify each of the levels: Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III separately. Tier-IV is of qualifying nature only.