SSC MTS Recruitment 2017 Notification
POST: General Central Service Group ‘C’
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: Total – 8300 (I) UR – 4402 (II) OBC – 2565 (III) SC – 739 (IV) ST – 594
EXAM DATES: 16th April, 30th April and 7th May, 2017
LAST DATE: 30th January, 2017 (upto 5:00 PM).
ELIGIBILITY (As on 1st August, 2017): Class 10th OR equivalent from a recognized Board.
APPLICATION FEE: Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only). Women, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped & Ex-Servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee.
HOW TO APPLY: Candidates have to apply online on http://ssconline.nic.in. No other mode of application will be accepted.
FEE PAYMENT: (I) Candidates not exempted from paying application fee can submit it through SBI only either in the form of challan, generated online, or SBI Net Banking. Payment can also be done through any credit card or debit card. (II) Online Challan generation facility is going to be available only upto 25th January, 2017 (05:00 PM) for those who wish to make the payment through SBI challan.
AGE LIMIT (As on 1st August, 2017): 18 to 25 years (i.e. the candidate must have been born not before 2nd August, 1992 & not after 1st August, 1999)
SALARY: Pay Band-1 (5200-20200/-) + Grade Pay 1800/-, (Pay Scale revised after 7th CPC Pay Matrix Level– 01)
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Candidates will be shortlisted for Paper-II on the basis of their performance in Paper-I. Shortlisted candidates will be communicated the date & time of Paper-II in due course of time.
(I) Paper-I: Written exam of 2 hour duration. There will be 4 sections as follows:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning (25 questions) – 25 marks
- Numerical Aptitude / Maths (25 questions) – 25 marks
- English Language (50 questions) – 50 marks
- General Awareness (50 questions) – 50 marks
NOTE – For each incorrect answer, there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks.
(II) Paper-II: Maximum Marks – 50. Time Allotted – 30 Minutes. It will consist of a Short Essay/Letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.
NOTE – Paper-II is only going to be qualifying nature.
REGION-WISE SSC HELP LINES:
- SSC (NR), New Delhi – 01124360840, 01164715222, 01124363343 & 01165021888
- SSC (CR), Allahabad – 09452424060 & 05322460511
- SSC (SR), Chennai – 04428251139 & 09445195946
- SSC (WR), Mumbai – 07738422705 & 09869730700
- SSC (ER), Kolkata – 09477461229 & 09477461228
- SSC (MPR) Raipur – 09407921505 & 09407921504
- SSC (KKR), Bangalore – 09483862020 & 08025502520
- SSC (NWR), Chandigarh – 09915509331 & 09915509204
- SSC (NER), Guwahati – 09085015252 & 09085073593