It is essential for any competitive exam aspirant to remain updated on what is going on in India and across the globe. Banking, SSC and almost all Govt. Job entrance exams have questions dedicated to current affairs. These questions generally pertain to developments of past 6 to 8 months. A glossary of exam relevant questions is a handy tool not only for preparation, but also for last moment revision.
Vidya Guru, the Best Online Bank PO Coaching Classes, keeps coming up with updated GK study material in the form of MCQ quizzes. The latest MCQ quiz covering May 2017 events is given below.
GK Quiz – May 2017
1. Who has won the Jnanpith Award 2016?
a. Sankha Ghosh
b. Chandrashekhara Kambara
c. Bishnu Dey
d. D R Bendre
Answer: Sankha Ghosh
2. When is the International Worker’s Day observed?
a. 1st May
b. 8th May
c. 22nd May
d. 27th May
Answer: 1st May
3. Emmanuel Macron, who established the political party En Marche!, has been elected President of
4. India’s position on World Press Freedom Index 2017 is
5. Which nation ranks 1 on World Press Freedom Index 2017?
6. World Press Freedom Index is published every year by
a. United Nations
b. Amnesty International
c. Reporters Without Borders (RSF)
d. World Economic Forum
Answer: Reporters Without Borders (RSF)
7. Name the 2017 Miss Teen Universe.
a. Srishti Kaur
b. Xirelle Agustin
c. Ariette Banchs Colon
d. Gabriela A. Santiago
Answer: Srishti Kaur
8. When is the World Press Freedom Day observed?
a. 1st May
b. 3rd May
c. 5th May
d. 7th May
Answer: 3rd May
9. Ilir Meta will be the new President of
10. Who among the following has been recently chosen for the Japanese award: ‘Order of the Rising Sun’?
a. Sushma Swaraj
b. Arun Jaitley
c. Ashwani Kumar
d. Manmohan Singh
Answer: Ashwani Kumar
11. World Asthma Day 2017 was observed on
a. 2nd May
b. 5th May
c. 6th May
d. 7th May
Answer: 2nd May
12. As per Swachh Survekshan 2017, the cleanest city in the country is
13. As per Swachh Survekshan 2017, the dirtiest city in India is
14. Name the football club that has won the I-League Football title 2016-17.
a. Mohun Bagan AC
b. Churchill Brothers
c. Aizwal FC
d. Mumbai FC
Answer: Aizwal FC
15. Which team did Great Britain beat to win the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup 2017?
b. New Zealand
d. South Korea
16. Where has India’s 1st Bio-refinery (2G ethanol refinery) come up recently?
a. Madhya Pradesh
c. Tamil Nadu
17. Anthony Lianzuala has been recently appointed
a. National Security Adviser
b. Controller General of Accounts
c. Central Vigilance Commissioner
d. Comptroller and Auditor General
Answer: Controller General of Accounts
18. Who among the following has become the World Snooker Champion 2017?
a. Mark Selby
b. Pankaj Advani
c. Mike Russell
d. John Higgins
Answer: Mark Selby
19. The base year for Index of Industrial Production has been changed from 2004-05 to
20. The new Chairman of Public Accounts Committee is
a. Murli Manohar Joshi
b. Mallikarjun Kharge
c. Sumitra Mahajan
d. Prakash Javdekar
Answer: Mallikarjun Kharge
21. Over which of the following rivers is the world’s highest railway bridge going to come up?
22. Justice Leila Seth, who passed away recently, was India’s first
a. Woman Judge of High Court
b. Woman Chief Justice of High Court
c. Woman Chief Justice of Supreme Court
d. Woman Judge of Supreme Court
Answer: Woman Chief Justice of High Court
23. GSLV Mk-II was the vehicle that recently launched the South Asia satellite (SAARC satellite)
d. None of these
24. Which of the following nations isn’t a beneficiary of the South Asia satellite (SAARC satellite)?
d. Sri Lanka
25. The World Red Cross day is observed on
a. 6th May
b. 8th May
c. 10th May
d. 12th May
Answer: 8th May
26. Who was judged Hero of I-League 2016-17?
a. Arnab Mondal
b. Sandesh Jhingan
c. Sunil Chhetri
d. Subrata Pal
Answer: Sunil Chhetri
27. The director of Bahubali-2, the first Indian film to register a collection of 1000 crores, is
a. Karan Johar
b. S Shankar
c. Mani Ratnam
d. SS Rajamouli
Answer: SS Rajamouli
28. Where has the 1st private sector small weapons manufacturing plant of India come up?
d. Madhya Pradesh
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
29. Name the 1st state of India which will switch to January to December fiscal year.
b. Madhya Pradesh
c. Himachal Pradesh
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
30. Shobana Kamineni has become the first woman President of
31. Which country has been elected President of UN Habitat?
32. PM of Sri Lanka recently made an official visit to India. The name of Sri Lankan PM is
a. Maithripala Sirisena
b. Mahinda Rajapaksa
c. D. M. Jayaratne
d. Ranil Wickremesinghe
Answer: Ranil Wickremesinghe
33. Nicos Anastasiades recently concluded his official state visit to India. He is the President of
34. ‘The Hit Girl’ is the autobiography of famous actress
b. Asha Parekh
c. Zeenat Aman
d. Hema Malini
Answer: Asha Parekh
35. Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who recently visited India on a two day trip, is the President of
As a student, it will be beneficial for you to keep following our Bank PO Video Classes on Youtube along with the quizzes that we post from time to time on this blog. In fact, it is highly advisable to sign up for our Pen Drive / Online IBPS Coaching Courses which countless students from across the country trust for Govt. Job Exam Preparation.
This GK update covers May 2017 Current Affairs. The update will be highly beneficial for SBI, SSC CGL and upcoming entrance exams as well. For any sort of help or guidance, feel free to write to email@example.com.