Current Affairs – March 2016 (Part – I)
1. As per a recent survey, which of the following cities was ranked as the most expensive to live in?
2. Name the recently launched program by UNHCR & UNICEF to protect children & other people with specific needs arriving in Europe.
A. Pink Dots
B. Blue Dots
C. White Hubs
D. Red Hubs
3. According to the Draft Directions for NBFCs – Account Aggregator released by the RBI, the Net Owned Funds of an NBFC shouldn’t be less than
A. 1 crore rupees
B. 2 crore rupees
C. 4 crore rupees
D. 5 crore rupees
4. Name the digital wallet recently launched by Flipkart.
A. Flipkart Wallet
B. Filpkart TM
C. Flipkart Money
D. Flipkart Paisa
5. Who is the writer of the recently launched book “Fixed: Cash and Corruption in Cricket”?
B. Umesh Kulkarni
C. Shweta Prasad
D. Shantanu Guha Ray
6. Who has been selected for the 47th Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2015?
A. Rishi Kapoor
B. Manoj Kumar
C. Lata Mangeshkar
7. Which of the following cities in India recently became the first to have self-cleaning smart toilets?
8. Which country has denied visa to members of US religious commission?
9. The world’s most expensive train station has opened in which of the following cities?
B. New York
10. Name the former Lok Sabha Speaker, who died due to heart arrest at the age of 68 years.
A. Purno Agitok Sangma
B. Raja Mukesh Kapoor
C. Krishna Kumar Das
D. Ram Vilas Reddy
11. Three scientists from which of the following countries recently won the 2016 Brain Prize, also called “the Nobel Prize of neuroscience” for discovering the secret of how human brain forms memories?
12. In order to meet India’s growing needs, the GOI plans to set up nuclear power plants in which of the following states along with Bihar & Haryana?
B. Arunachal Pradesh
C. Madhya Pradesh
13. ________ has been judged as a Top Global Employer by the Top Employers Institute.
14. In terms of Energy Security, India was recently ranked at the 90th spot on a list of 126 countries compiled by WEF, this list was topped by which of the following countries?
15. Zero Discrimination Day is observed on which of the following dates?
A. March 1
B. March 2
C. March 3
D. March 4
16. Citizens of which of the following countries will get Visa-on-Arrival facility in India from March 1, 2016?
17. Which of the following teams has won Irani Cup Cricket Title 2015-16 by defeating Mumbai in the finals?
B. Rest of India
18. Who among the following has been conferred with the Knight of the Legion of Honour (Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur) by France recently?
A. Narendra Modi
B. Anand Mahindra
C. Ratan Tata
D. Shah Rukh Khan
19. Who has been named the new Secretary General of Arab League?
A. Yusuf Khan
B. Shahid Ahmad
C. Ahmed Abul Gheit
D. Adhul Kasim Ghalid
20. Who among the following has been recently appointed Deputy Chief of Army Staff?
A. NPS Hira
B. Dhananjay Singh
C. Sanjay Mukherjee
D. Engadesh Govindasamy
A. Coach Cleaners
B. Clean My Coach
C. Railway Swachhta Abhiyan
D. Aao Safai Karen
22. Which of the following companies is right now developing a speech synthesis engine for its encyclopedia?
23. Which Indian state tourism’s campaign has bagged the Golden City Gate Award at the world’s leading travel trade show in Germany?
B. Himachal Pradesh
C. Tamil Nadu
24. Which of the following countries has recently banned the recruitment of fresh foreign workers?