One of the essential aspects of Bank PO & SSC Exam Preparation is Current Affairs. The General Awareness section of any Competitive Exam is bound to have questions on national & international events of contemporary relevance. Attempting regular current affairs quizzes helps in understanding as well as memorizing facts that are important from the exam perspective.
Therefore, in our attempt to provide you the Best SSC Online Coaching and guidance, we at Vidya Guru, focus specifically on publishing such quizzes. Given below is a GK quiz covering important proceedings from the month of June 2017.
GK 2017 June Quiz
1. Which of the following state governments has recently launched its official E-wallet?
b. Tamil Nadu
d. Andhra Pradesh
2. Miroslav Lajcak, who has been appointed President of UN General Assembly recently, is from
3. The writer of the book “Beren and Luthien” is
a. JRR Tolkien
b. Martin Amis
c. Stephen King
d. Issac Asimov
Answer: JRR Tolkien
4. Name the country that recently hosted the Shanghai Cooperation Organization 2017 summit.
5. “Marching with a Billion: Analyzing Narendra Modi’s Government at Midterm” is book written by
a. Ramachandra Guha
b. Sambit Patra
c. Uday Mahurkar
d. Rajesh Jain
Answer: Uday Mahurkar
6. What is World Bank’s latest forecast for global economic growth in 2017?
7. World Bank’s latest forecast for global economic growth in 2018 is
8. When is the World Milk Day observed?
a. 1st June
b. 3rd June
c. 5th June
d. 7th June
Answer: 1st June
9. Where will the India Mobile Congress 2017 be held?
a. New Delhi
Answer: New Delhi
10. What was India’s GDP growth rate in Fiscal Year 2016-17?
11. India’s GDP growth rate in the last quarter (January 2017 to March 2017) was
12. After Rs. 500 & Rs. 2000, which new currency note is going to be put into circulation?
a. Rs. 1
b. Rs. 2
c. Rs. 5
d. Rs. 10
Answer: Rs. 1
13. When is the World Environment Day observed?
a. 2nd June
b. 4th June
c. 5th June
d. 9th June
Answer: 5th June
14. The theme of World Environment Day 2017 was
a. Reducing Greenhouse Effect
b. Connecting People to Nature
c. Fighting Global Warming
d. Sustainable Environment
Answer: Connecting People to Nature
15. Which rocket recently placed the communication satellite, GSAT-19 into the orbit?
a. GSLV MK3
b. GSLV MK4
c. GSLV MK5
d. GSLV MK6
Answer: GSLV MK3
16. Leo Varadkar is going to be the new Prime Minister of
17. Which country has the Number 1 rank on the 2017 Global Peace Index?
a. New Zealand
18. India’s rank on Global Peace Index 2017 is
19. Which of the following organizations publishes the Global Peace Index?
a. Institute for Economics & Peace
c. Amnesty International
d. International Court of Justice
Answer: Institute for Economics & Peace
20. As per Global Peace Index 2017, which is the least peaceful country in the world?
21. As per the India Development Report published by the World Bank, India’s rank in women workforce is
22. National Stock Exchange has recently launched its international exchange, NSE IFSC in
b. Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City)
Answer: Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City)
23. What is the name of the International Stock Exchange promoted by BSE?
a. India Global Exchange
b. Indian Global Stock Exchange
c. India International Exchange (India INX)
d. BSE International Exchange
Answer: India International Exchange (India INX)
24. SEBI has recently constituted Uday Kotak Committee to examine on
a. Corporate Governance
b. Corporate Social Responsibility
c. Industrial Production & Profitability
d. Corporate Tax Reforms
Answer: Corporate Governance
25. When is the World Oceans Day observed?
a. 2nd June
b. 3rd June
c. 7th June
Answer: 8th June
26. Which of the following banks is going to develop 100 digital villages in the country?
a. Vijaya Bank
c. Bank of Baroda
d. Indian Overseas Bank
Answer: Vijaya Bank
27. Name the country that has withdrawn itself recently from the Paris Climate Change Agreement.
28. Name the pair that has won the French Open Mixed Doubles Title 2017.
a. Anna-Lena Grönefeld & Robert Farah
b. Samantha Stosur & Sam Groth
c. Gabriela Dabrowski & Rohan Bopanna
d. Martina Hingis & Leander Paes
Answer: Gabriela Dabrowski & Rohan Bopanna
29. Which nation has recently become an official member of NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)?
30. According to RBI’s 2nd bimonthly monetary policy review for the financial year 2017-18, the SLR (with effect from 24th June) will be
31. Who recently became the ambassador for ‘Super Dad’ Campaign launched by the UNICEF?
a. Amitabh Bachchan
b. Sachin Tendulkar
c. Shahrukh Khan
d. Prakash Padukone
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar
32. Name the country which is counting the number of islands it has and naming them.
d. West Indies
33. “Two Saints” is a book written by
a. Vikram Seth
b. Chetan Bhagat
c. Arun Shourie
d. Venkaiah Naidu
Answer: Arun Shourie
34. Who recently became the first cricketer from Sri Lanka to be included in the ICC Hall of Fame?
a. Arvinda de silva
b. Muttiah Muralitharan
c. Arjuna Ranatunga
d. Chaminda Vaas
Answer: Muttiah Muralitharan
35. Which of the following is the correct pair of countries that have recently become full members of Shanghai Cooperation Organization?
a. India & Iran
b. India & Pakistan
c. India & Sri Lanka
d. India & Turkey
Answer: India & Pakistan
Apart from our regular GK updates, it is suggested that you make full use of quality Video Lectures available on Vidya Guru Youtube Channel. The Online Classes available on this channel are shot by faculty renowned for providing Top SSC CHSL Coaching in Delhi.
This GK update covers the month of June 2017. It is an absolute must for students attending Classroom or Online Classes for SSC CGL Exam which is scheduled to start from 1st August. If you wish to get any guidance or support from our side, pls. feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org.