Perhaps the best way to learn Current Affairs is to attempt quizzes comprising multiple choice questions. However, you must understand that not all questions related to Current Affairs are equally worthy of being asked in a Competitive Exam. Preparing for General Awareness section will no longer be a tedious task, if you can lay your hands on expected exam questions.
In this regard, we keep providing quality GK inputs through our Online Classes for IBPS PO as well as regular updates on this blog. You will find these updates in the form of a quiz, like the one given below.
May 2017 GK Quiz
1. Which country did Sweden defeat recently to win the World Ice Hockey Championship 2017?
2. Siam Bharat, a Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Relief joint exercise, was recently conducted between the Air Forces of India and
3. Mr. Pravind Jugnauth, who recently paid an official visit to India, is the Prime Minister of
4. Zika virus, responsible for microcephaly in the newborn, is transmitted by which of the following?
a. Culex mosquito
b. Anopheles mosquito
c. Aedes Aegypti mosquito
d. Sand Fly
Answer: Aedes Aegypti mosquito
5. When is the World No Tobacco Day observed?
a. 22nd May
b. 27th May
c. 30th May
d. 31st May
Answer: 31st May
6. Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has been appointed Director General of
a. World Health Organization
c. United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
d. World Trade Organization
Answer: World Health Organization
7. Where was the North Atlantic Treaty Organization summit 2017 held recently?
8. Name the country that received the highest Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in 2016.
9. World’s 1st Robocop (robotic police officer) has been inducted into the police force of
10. Name the writer of the book “Mann Ki Baat: A Social Revolution on Radio”.
a. Rajesh Jain
b. Ravish Kumar
c. Subhash Chandra
d. Praveen Togadia
Answer: Rajesh Jain
11. As per the World Economic Forum (WEF) & UN Habitat Data the most crowded city in the world is
12. The venue of World Table Tennis Championship 2017 is
13. Name the first country in Asia to legalize same sex marriages.
14. What was the venue of the 70th World Health Assembly meeting which took place recently?
15. The 1st underwater rail tunnel in India has been dug up under which of the following rivers?
16. As per the latest data, which country has emerged as the largest producer of stainless steel in the world?
17. Name the CEAT International Cricketer of the Year 2017.
a. Umesh Yadav
b. Virat Kohli
c. Ravindra Jadeja
d. R. Ashwin
Answer: R. Ashwin
18. Which of the following has recently emerged as the most profitable Public Sector Undertaking?
a. Indian Oil Corporation
c. Coal India
d. National Thermal Power Corporation
Answer: Indian Oil Corporation
19. As per the recent Forbes list, the only Indian company among the top 10 consumer financial services in the world is
20. When is the Anti Terrorism Day observed?
b. 21st May
c. 23rd May
d. 28th May
Answer: 21st May
21. Which famous James Bond actor died recently?
a. Roger Moore
b. Sean Connery
c. Timothy Dalton
d. George Lazenby
Answer: Roger Moore
22. Who has recently become the new Prime Minister of Nepal?
a. Khadga Prasad Oli
b. Jhalanath Khanal
c. Khil Raj Regmi
d. Sher Bahadur Deuba
Answer: Sher Bahadur Deuba
23. Mathunny Mathews passed away recently. Name the Bollywood film which was inspired by him.
24. When is the International Day of UN Peacekeepers observed?
a. 16th May
b. 19th May
c. 29th May
d. 30th May
Answer: 29th May
25. RBI has declared that the week June 5th to 9th, 2017 will be observed as the
a. Small Savings Week
b. Financial Inclusion Week
c. Financial Literacy Week
d. Customer Awareness Week
Answer: Financial Literacy Week
26. Where was India-Pacific Islands Sustainable Development Conference held recently?
d. Solomon Islands
27. The largest optical telescope in the world is being built in
28. NASA and ISRO are collaborating in order to build an earth imaging satellite known as
29. Who among the following has recently won the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award for being an international icon?
a. Deepika Padukone
b. Kabir Bedi
c. Anil Kapoor
d. Priyanka Chopra
Answer: Priyanka Chopra
30. Which film recently won the Palme d’Or (Golden Palm) award at Cannes 2017 film festival?
a. Happy End
b. A Gentle Creature
c. The Sqaure
d. The Beguiled
Answer: The Sqaure
31. On which river has Dhola-Sadiya Bridge, India’s longest bridge, been built?
32. Tejas Express, India’s first high speed semi-luxurious train, recently made its first journey from
a. Mumbai to Goa
b. Pune to Goa
c. Mumbai to Pune
d. Hyderabad to Bengaluru
Answer: Mumbai to Goa
33. According to the recent “India Development Report” by World Bank, the GDP growth rate of the country for the fiscal year 2017-18 will be
34. Which of the following represents the correct pair of ‘Darwaza Band’ campaign ambassadors?
a. Amitabh Bachchan & Priyanka Chopra
b. Salman Khan & Anushka Sharma
c. Amitabh Bachchan & Anushka Sharma
d. Aamir Khan & Vidya Balan
Answer: Amitabh Bachchan & Anushka Sharma
35. Where was the annual meeting of African Development Bank held recently?
Apart from these quiz updates, being the Best Bank Coaching Institute in Delhi, Vidya Guru provides quality study material and You Tube videos. These resources along with our online test series are a must have for any candidate who is engaged in Online Bank PO Preparation.
This May 2017 Current Affairs quiz has excellent questions for candidates preparing for competitive exams such as: IBPS PO/Clerk, SSC CGL/CHSL, SBI, CLAT, NDA and CDS. For any guidance or support, you may write to Team Vidya Guru at firstname.lastname@example.org.