As candidates preparing for upcoming SSC and Banking exams, you must keep working on General Awareness regularly. This will ensure that you remain ahead of the competition by scoring some extremely valuable marks. But, it can happen only when your preparation is well directed and in sync with the exam pattern.
This is where VidyaGuru, the Institute for Best Bank PO Coaching in Delhi, comes into picture. We keep coming up with quality Current Affairs Quizzes which are really beneficial for all Competitive Exam aspirants. The quiz given below is the latest in the series of quizzes that are published on this blog.
Current GK 2017 Quiz
1. Who has written the book “Indira Gandhi: A Life in Nature”?
a. Shashi Tharoor
b. Jairam Ramesh
c. Sachin Pilot
d. Ramachandra Guha
Answer: Jairam Ramesh
2. Where was the G-7 Environment ministers meet held recently?
a. Bologna, Italy
b. Paris, France
c. Canberra, Australia
d. Ontario, Canada
Answer: Bologna, Italy
3. Who has written the book “Yug Purush, Bharat Ratna, Atal Ji”?
a. Smriti Irani
b. BC Khanduri
c. Murali Manohar Joshi
d. Ramesh Pokhriyal
Answer: Ramesh Pokhriyal
4. Jelena Ostapenko, French Open 2017 women’s singles winner, belongs to which of the following countries?
5. With which of the following nations has India recently signed an agreement regarding Parliamentary Cooperation?
6. Whom did Rafael Nadal beat in the finals to win the French Open 2017 men’s singles title?
a. Andy Murray
b. Stan Wawrinka
c. Novak Djokovic
d. Roger Federer
Answer: Stan Wawrinka
7. When is the World Day against Child Labour observed?
a. 11th June
b. 12th June
c. 21st June
d. 22nd June
Answer: 12th June
8. Where was the FIFA U-20 Football World Cup 2017 hosted?
a. South Korea
Answer: South Korea
9. Which team did England defeat in the final to win the FIFA U-20 Football World Cup 2017?
10. When is the World Blood Donor Day observed every year?
a. 14th June
b. 19th June
c. 22nd June
d. 23rd June
Answer: 14th June
11. Who among the following was recently chosen for Legion of Honour, the highest civilian award of France?
a. Sachin Tendulkar
b. Soumitra Chatterjee
c. Salman Khan
d. Hema Malini
Answer: Soumitra Chatterjee
12. Who among the following won the French Open 2017 men’s doubles title?
a. Ryan Harrison & Michael Venus
b. Juan Sebastian Cabal & Robert Farah
c. Donald Young & Santiago Gonzalez
d. Bob Bryan & Mike Bryan
Answer: Ryan Harrison & Michael Venus
13. Which of the following pairs was the winner of the French Open 2017 women’s doubles title?
a. Sania Mirza & Yaroslava Shvedova
b. Elena Vesnina & Ekaterina Makarova
c. Martina Hingis & Chan Yung-Jan
d. Bethanie Mattek-Sands & Lucie Safarova
Answer: Bethanie Mattek-Sands & Lucie Safarova
14. AUSINDEX, the Australia-India bilateral naval exercise, was recently conducted in
a. Fremantle, Australia
b. Sydney Harbour, Australia
c. Vishakhapatnam, India
d. Kochi, India
Answer: Fremantle, Australia
15. Who among the following has recently become the Governor of Bihar after the resignation of Ram Nath Kovind?
a. Kiran Bedi
b. Ram Naik
c. Keshari Nath Tripathi
d. PB Acharya
Answer: Keshari Nath Tripathi
16. Theresa May, who has been re-elected PM of United Kingdom, belongs to which of the following parties?
a. The Liberal Democrats
b. The Conservative Party
c. The Labour Party
d. The Scottish National Party
Answer: The Conservative Party
17. What was India’s rank on Global Innovation Index 2017?
18. Name the country that was ranked one on Global Innovation Index 2017.
19. Name the scheme that was launched recently by the Govt. to provide free legal assistance through video conferencing to people from rural areas.
a. Tele Legal
b. Tele Kanoon
c. Tele Nyay
d. Tele Law
Answer: Tele Law
20. NITI Aayog recently launched SATH, a new program for transforming education & health care in India. SATH stands for
a. Sustained Action for Transferring Human capital
b. Sustainable Action for Technological Human change
c. Sustained Action for Total Human capital
d. Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital
Answer: Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital
21. David Grossman, who recently won the Man Booker International Prize 2017, is the writer of which of the following books?
a. Fever Dream
b. A Horse Walks into a Bar
c. Mirror, Shoulder, Signal
Answer: A Horse Walks into a Bar
22. Where is the largest refinery & petrochemical complex in the world going to come up?
a. Cambay Basin, Gujarat
b. Jamnagar, Gujarat
c. Ratnagiri, Maharashtra
d. Krishna Godavari Basin, Andhra Pradesh
Answer: Ratnagiri, Maharashtra
23. Ana Brnabic has become the first female PM of
a. Cezch Republic
24.Who was adjudged the Man of the Series at ICC Champions Trophy 2017?
a. Shikhar Dhawan
b. Hasan Ali
c. R Ashwin
d. Sarfraz Ahmed
Answer: Hasan Ali
25. Mohammed Bin Salman has been named the Crown Prince of
d. Saudi Arabia
Answer: Saudi Arabia
26. Kidambi Srikanth has recently won which of the following Badminton championships?
a. Singapore Open
b. Thai Open
c. Indonesia Open
d. Finnish Open
Answer: Indonesia Open
27. As per RBI, what was India’s Current Account Deficit for the fiscal year 2016-17?
a. .6% of GDP
b. .7% of GDP
c. 1.1% of GDP
d. 1.3% of GDP
Answer: .7% of GDP
28. Lockheed Martin has partnered with which of the following industrial groups to manufacture F-16 fighter planes in India?
c. Punj Lloyd
29. Which of the following has become the first city in the country to use robots for traffic control?
30. Aadhar number has become mandatory for opening of bank accounts and transactions above
a. Rs. 20,000
b. Rs. 30,000
c. Rs. 50,000
d. Rs. 100,000
Answer: Rs. 50,000
31. When is the World Refugee Day observed annually?
a. 20th June
b. 21st June
c. 22nd June
d. 25th June
Answer: 20th June
32. Which indigenous anti-tank guided missile did India successfully test fire recently?
33. BRICS Games 2017 (The 1st BRICS Games) are being held in
c. South Africa
34. When is the International Yoga Day observed?
b. 22nd June
c. 24th June
d. 26th June
Answer: 21st June
35. Where was the 2017 World Summit on Information Society Forum held recently?
Besides the regular GK updates on this website, our SSC Video Lectures on Youtube are highly useful for general studies section of CGL, CHSL (LDC) & CPO Exams. However, if you are specifically looking for the Best Online IBPS Coaching for exams scheduled to start in October, then we suggest you get in touch with us as soon as possible on firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Current Affairs update is a part of several initiatives taken by our faculty to help their students remain ahead of the curve. For detailed reading, it is suggested that you download the Vidya Guru App from Google Playstore.