Most government entrance exams such as the IBPS Bank PO and SSC entrance exams include a section that tests one’s general knowledge. It is necessary to be abreast with all that is going on in India and abroad, especially in the world of economics, politics, matters of the government and finance. Here is a general awareness update that will help you know all the happenings from the last few days.
Delhi witnesses the start of 36th India International Trade Fair (IITF) in New Delhi
- The President inaugurated the 36th IITF
- Topic of this year’s fair is “Advanced India”
- It will give data on different plans including Jan-Dhan Yojana, Clean Ganga Mission, Crop Insurance, Swachh Bharat Campaign, Skill India, Start-up and Stand up Campaign
- More than 150 organizations from 27 nations are a part of the fair, with South Korea as the Partner Country and Belarus as the Focus Country
- The initial 5-days of the fair will be confined to traders and business people with entry ticket of 500 rupees.
- It will be declared open for general population from 19th November.
- India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) is the organizer for the fair, under the aegis of Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry
President of Israel is in India for an 8-day visit
- Mr.Reuven Rivlin arrived in India and has met Sushma Swaraj, the External Affairs Minister, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the President Pranab Mukherjee
- He has been accompanied by the delegation of academicians, high level officials and business leaders
- His plan includes visit to Taj Mahal, Agro Tech 2016 in Chandigarh and Centre of Excellence in Agriculture (Karnal)
Mark Zuckerberg has become the Business Person of the year 2016 – Fortune
- Facebook is a host to almost 1.8 billion people from across the world
- Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon, was declared at the second position for being the market leader in e-commerce and introducing innovative products like Amazon Echo
New INR500 notes have been issues by the Indian Government
- After the surgical attack on black money and demonetization of the INR500 and INR1000 denomination notes, government has issued the new INR500 denomination notes at the New Delhi Branch of SBI – Parliament Street Branch
- State Chief Secretaries have agreed to identify the areas in rural regions facing major issues due to currency shortage and support the post offices and banks in those regions.
- People having issues can approach the District Administration & District Magistrate for filing complaint
Australian pre-schools agree to have Hindi as a foreign language
- An online programme will be rolled out for the pre-schoolers of Australia to facilitate the learning of foreign language apart from English.
- The program will include Hindi and will be rolled out in 2017
- Other foreign languages like Italian and Spanish will be added in 2017 with Modern Greek to be added in 2018
The Week commences for APEC Forum at Lima, Peru
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation(APEC) Forum started at Lima on 14th November and will witness investors, businessmen and influential leaders from largest economies of the world
- Main agenda of the forum is to discuss the creation of Free Trade area at the APEC Summit 2016
14th November – The Children’s Day
- Children’s Day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of the first PM Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
- He was also known as the “Chacha Nehru” because of his popularity among the children
- This day is significant as it marks the awareness of rights and education for children
- It started to be celebrated from 1964, after the demise of Jawaharlal Nehru
Celebrations of Guru Nanak Jayanti
- 14th November 2016 was celebrated as the Guru Nanak Jayanti all over the country and marked the 547th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev
- Birth place of Guru Nanak is Rai Bhoi di Talwandi(Nankana Sahib), Pakistan
- He founded the Sikh religion as the 1st guru Sikhs
- 974 poetic hymns have been registered from his words in the holy book of Sikhism – Guru Granth Sahib
- Devotees attend gurudwaras and take a bath in the PavitarSarovar for devotion
Test cricket comes to a draw for India and England
- The test cricket held between England and Australia at Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot, Gujrat came to a draw
- The match was called for a draw on the 5th day and India scored 172 for 6
- ViratKholi (49*) and Ravindra Jadeja (33*) were the ones playing till the end
Ladies European Tour title won by an Indian
- For the first time in history, the Ladies European Tour title was won by a woman
- Aditi Ashok, the renowned golfer won the Hero Women’s Indian Open at Gurugram (Haryana).
- With the prize amount of $60,000, Aditi became the became the No. 1 Rookie of the Year
- She defeated Brittany Lincicome from America and Belen Mozo from Spain
These were the highlights for 13th-14th November. Keep following the news to have a detailed knowledge about the happenings
Summary:The article talks briefly about the events and activities that took place between 13-14 November and their importance. For more details or resolution of queries, free to contact us on email@example.com