For most Govt. job aspirants SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam is the most important opportunity of the year. Keeping this exam in mind, aspirants work hard throughout the year. Although, the syllabus for Math in Tier-II is the same as the syllabus for Math in Tier-I, yet a thorough analysis of the Tier-II exam reveals that there are certain aspects which make it different from Tier-I. You must understand these aspects carefully, if you wish to clear the Tier-II. Therefore, the teachers at the centre for best SSC Coaching in Delhi, Vidya Guru, have come up with a topic-wise analysis of SSC Tier-II Math in order to help aspirants prepare effectively for the exam.
The analysis of SSC CGL Tier-II 2013 Math (Quantitative Aptitude) exam is follows:
- The Math exam carries a weight age of 200 Marks. The exam has a total of 100 questions. Each question is worth 2 marks.
- The time allotted for the exam is 2 Hours, which means that 100 questions need to be attempted in 120 minutes.
- Time isn’t a very big constraint; the aspirant has an average time of 1.2 minutes per question. This is significantly higher than the per question average time of 36 seconds that a candidate gets in Tier-I exam.
- The aspirant must target around 160 marks to be assured of getting an overall score which can fetch an interview call.
- To be able to get such a score 90 plus questions need to be attempted with an accuracy rate of around 90%. Care must be taken because each wrong answer attracts a penalty of .5 marks.
- Shortcuts and time saving tricks alone won’t suffice. Only 15-20 straight cut questions can be expected to be there.
- Shortcuts and time saving tricks must be supplemented with strong conceptual knowledge as the difficulty level of Tier-II questions is higher than those of Tier-I. However, it is important to understand that the overall level of the exam is 10th standard level.
- Algebra, Trigonometry & Geometry together carry around 50% weight age. Geometry (including menstruation) is undoubtedly the most critical component of your preparation for SSC Tier-II Math.
- Trigonometry is an important area which needs to be given adequate significance.
- Arithmetic also carries 50% weight age. Profit & loss, average, mixture & allegation, time & distance and time & work are the topics which require special focus from your side; they can provide greater dividends as compared to other topics from Arithmetic.
- The exam should be attempted in two rounds. In the first round choose the straight-cut formula based questions, which can be attempted easily without taking much time.
- Once you are through with this round, choose questions having medium difficulty and slightly higher difficulty to be attempted in the second round.
- Questions that are difficulty and highly time consuming should be attempted at the end, only if time permits.
A careful reading of this article will greatly benefit any SSC CGL exam aspirant who has cleared the Tier-I and is about to take the Tier-II. For further guidance and to hone your preparation, you can consider enrolling yourself at Vidya Guru, the institute providing the best SSC Coaching classes in Delhi.