Current GK remains an area of concern for a substantial number of Govt. Job aspirants. Even Current Affairs magazines & digests are not of much help as they are seldom concise. Owing to the paucity of time for Preparation, students search for a reliable and exam oriented source of information. But, all this can be quite frustrating and time consuming.
Keeping this into consideration, Vidya Guru Institute for the Best SSC CHSL Coaching in Delhi, keeps publishing GK Quizzes and Youtube Videos regularly. Given below is a collection of some crucial points for upcoming exams such as: IBPS Clerk, RBI Assistant & SSC CHSL (LDC).
One-line October Current Affairs
- Parliamentary committee on External Affairs (Shashi Tharoor committee) has been formed to examine Indo-China relations.
- Shakib Al Hasan is the 1st cricketer from Bangladesh to be included in MCC World Cricket Committee.
- India recently hosted the 2017 global conference on consumer protection.
- Chennai recently hosted the 3rd edition of the India International Science Festival.
- M K Sanu has been recently awarded the Mathrubhumi Literary award (MLA).
- Home Safe Home: Reducing Exposure, Reducing Displacement was the theme of 2017 International Day for Disaster Reduction (IDDR). The day is observed annually on 13th October.
- The world’s largest combustion research centre has been inaugurated in IIT Madras.
- Gautam Bambawale is India’s new ambassador to China.
- UAE is to host the 17th edition of the AFC Asian Cup – 2019.
- Theme of the 2017 World Mental Health Day (WMHD) celebrated on 10th October was “Mental health in the workplace”.
- Israel & USA have quit UNESCO citing anti-Israel bias as the reason.
- International Advertising Association (IAA) names Amul as India’s best FMCG Company in the food sector.
- EmPOWER Girls: Before, during and after crises was the theme of the 2017 International Day of the Girl Child (IDGC). The day was celebrated on 11th October.
- Bindeshwar Pathak, the founder of Sulabh International, has been awarded the 2017 Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration, Academics and Management.
- New Delhi recently hosted the 48th Conference of Governors.
- M Deosthalee is the head of the newly formed RBI task force on Public Credit Registry for India to improve market efficiency.
- India signs a pact with Japan for setting up flexible LNG market.
- Odisha launched a scheme for pregnant women ‘Sishu Abond Matru Mrityuhara Purna Nirakaran Abhijan (Sampurna) Yojna’.
- State government of Karnataka has launched a project ‘Vision-2025’ to seek public opinion on their ‘dream state.’
- The UN Day is observed annually on 24th October.
- Madhya Pradesh has recently won the National Award for being the “Best Tourism State”.
- The theme of the 2017 World Maritime Day was “Connecting Ships, Ports and People”.
- The theme of the 2017 World Rabies Day (WRD) was “Rabies: Zero by 30”.
- ‘The Sher Shah of Kargil: Captain Vikram Batra’ has been written by Deepak Surana.
- Bibek Debroy has been appointed as the head of the newly constituted Prime Minister Economic Advisory Council (PMEAC).
- Central Government has launched a web portal “Pencil” for effective implementation of National Child Labour Project.
- New Delhi recently hosted the first-ever ‘India Mobile Congress 2017’.
- B C Khanduri parliamentary standing committee on defence has been constituted to examine the operational preparedness of India’s armed forces.
- The Union government has set up ‘DPIDF’ (Dairy Processing and Infrastructure Development Fund) to boost the dairy sector.
- “Sustainable tourism, a tool for development” was the theme of the 2017 World Tourism Day (WTD).
- India is going to host the South Asian Boxing Championship (SABC), 2017.
- Birendra Sasmal, an Indian entrepreneur recently became the ‘International Business Person of the Year’ at the Asian Achiever’s award in London.
- K. Mishra recently became the new Director General (DG) of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
- New Delhi recently hosted the 3rd edition of Women of India Organic Festival.
- The United Nations’ (UN) International Day of Non-Violence is observed annually on October 2.
- The International Day of Older Persons is observed annually on October 1. This year’s theme was “Stepping into the Future: Tapping the Talents, Contributions and Participation of Older Persons in Society.”
- New Delhi recently hosted the National Hard Court Tennis Championship.
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) is to host the 6th edition of World Government Summit (WGS). The summit will take place in Dubai in February 2018.
- The state government of Bihar launches a campaign against the evil practices of child marriage & dowry on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi’s birth anniversary.
- New Delhi recently hosted the Global Wildlife Program (GWP) Conference 2017.
- ‘Housing Policies: Affordable Homes’ was the theme of the 2017 United Nations (UN)’s World Habitat Day (WHD).
- Tripura becomes the first state in the country to set up family welfare committees.
- S Rajamouli, the acclaimed director of ‘Baahubali’, wins the 2017 Akkineni Nageswara Rao (ANR) National Award.
- Airtel Payments Bank becomes India’s 1st payment bank to integrate the UPI (Unified Payment Interface) on its digital platform.
- India appoints Ajay Bisaria as the new High Commissioner to Pakistan.
- Andhra Pradesh became the first state to launch a mobile app ‘People First’ for its citizens.
- New Delhi recently hosted the National conference on Agriculture for Rabi campaign.
- Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar was recently appointed as the brand ambassador of Uttarakhand Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM).
- RBI has made Legal Entity Identifier mandatory for companies with an exposure of more than Rs. 5 crore.
- LEI is a unique 20 character alphanumeric code which will be assigned to corporate borrowers. The number is going to help banks monitor the total exposure of corporate borrowers.
- UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award 2017 has been won by Zannah Mustapha.
- Ajay Kumar Saroj, recently won gold in 1500m race at the 2017 Asian Indoor & Martial Arts Games held in Turkmenistan.
- Jaipur recently hosted the 6th edition of International Textile and Apparel Fair “Vastra 2017”.
- Himachal Pradesh became the first Indian state to launch electric bus service.
- Qatar Airways became the first airline to launch double beds in business class.
- Union minister Dharmendra Pradhan recently launched the nation-wide ‘Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat’ scheme. LPG Panchayat is aimed at spreading awareness among LPG users regarding how to properly use the clean fuel & its various benefits.
- Mary Kom is the first Indian to be picked as AIBA representative at IOC athletes’ forum.
- Central Government recently launched a campaign ‘Gram Samridhi Evam Swachhta’ to promote development and cleanliness in rural areas.
- Bajrang Punia recently won the gold in men’s 65 kilogram category in freestyle wrestling at the Asian Indoor & Martial Arts Games.
- West Indies have failed to qualify directly for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
Current Affairs, being a vast area, demands consistent effort. Therefore, we suggest that besides these points & Quizzes available on this blog, you should access our Youtube Channel. Here, you will find an excellent collection of Bank PO & SSC Video Lectures. Even those looking for Best IBPS PO Online Classes will benefit greatly from Vidya Guru Pen Drive and Online Courses.
This set of one-line GK points has been published keeping the requirements of SSC & Bank PO / Clerk Exam aspirants in mind. If you are one of them and are looking for quality guidance, write to us at email@example.com.