Some crucial changes in the pattern of Probationary Officer Exam were announced in the CWE PO VII notification which was released recently by IBPS. As a candidate involved in Banking Exam Preparation, you should be aware of these changes. It is obvious that only those candidates who prepare as per the latest exam pattern can expect to succeed.
Keeping this picture in mind, Vidya Guru, the Institute for Best Bank PO Coaching in Delhi has explained below the complete selection process. The process for the selection of Probationary Officers in public sector banking will have three stages: (I) Preliminary Exam (II) Main Exam and (III) Interview.
The details of each of these stages are as follows:
(I) Preliminary Exam:
- It is going to have three sections, namely: English, Maths (Quant) and Reasoning.
- The time allotted for this 100 mark exam will be 1 hour. There won’t be any section-wise time limit.
- The number of questions in English, Maths (Quant) and Reasoning will be 30, 35 and 35 respectively.
- Each question will carry one mark. However, incorrect answers will attract 25% negative marking.
- It is not necessary to attempt all questions. There won’t be any penalty for questions that you leave unattempted.
- The objective of this exam is to shortlist candidates for the main exam.
- The candidate must qualify each of the 3 sections and score sufficiently high marks in order to get shortlisted for the main exam.
- The cut-off marks for each section will be decided by IBPS.
(II) Main Exam:
In fact, it is the main exam which has seen a significant change in the pattern. As per the revised pattern, the main exam will now have an objective test as well as a descriptive test. The important points to keep in mind regarding the main exam are as follows:
(A) Objective Test
- It will have 4 sections: (I) Reasoning & Computer Aptitude (II) General, Economic & Banking Awareness (III) English (IV) Data Analysis & Interpretation.
- The 60 mark section on Reasoning & Computer Aptitude will have 45 questions. It will have to be attempted in 1 hour.
- The 40 mark section on General, Economic & Banking Awareness will have 40 questions. The time limit for this section will be 35 minutes.
- The 40 mark section on English language will have 35 questions. The time allotted for this section is going to be 40 minutes.
- The 60 mark section on Data Analysis & Interpretation will have 35 questions. The time duration available for this section will be 45 minutes.
- In total, the 200 mark objective test will have 155 questions and cumulative time duration of 3 hours.
- A provision of 25% negative marking for incorrect answers is there.
- However, no marks will be deducted for questions that are left blank.
(B) Descriptive Test
- The test will have to be attempted in 30 minutes.
- It will involve Essay & Letter writing tasks.
- There will be only 2 questions (one essay and one letter) which will carry a total of 25 marks.
Noteworthy Points (Main Exam): (I) The candidate has to qualify the descriptive test as well as the objective test to be considered for interview. (II) Each section of the objective test will have minimum cut-off marks which must be obtained by the candidate.
- Those who get shortlisted on the basis of their performance on the main exam will have to appear in the interview.
- The interview will carry 100 marks.
- For candidates from the unreserved category, the minimum cut-off marks for the interview will be 40%.
- The minimum cut-off marks for SC / ST / OBC & PWD candidates will be 35%.
Final Merit List:
- The marks scored in the preliminary exam will not be included in the final merit list.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the performance in the main exam and the interview.
- While calculating the final score, the weightage given to the interview and the main exam will be 20:80.
- The candidate must qualify both the interview and the main exam. He / she must also score sufficiently high marks in order to make it to the merit list.
- Candidates will be called for subsequent provisional allotment process based on their rank on the final merit list.
Now that you have understood the exam pattern well, you must start preparing for the exam immediately. If you have already started preparing, then it is time you took your preparation to the next level. Consider it a race, where the candidate who starts early takes the lead and has brighter chances of coming out on top. To succeed in this tough competitive scenario, you can rely on our Quality IBPS PO Online Classes.
We, at Vidya Guru, understand a student’s requirements thoroughly and have designed our course offerings in such a way that you won’t have to worry even if you are unable to join a classroom coaching program. Our Course comprises:
(A) Complete Video Lectures: With more than 300 Videos in our course package, you get access to the Best Online Bank PO Classes available in the country. In fact, as per your convenience, you can even opt for a Pen Drive course. The Pen Drive course which has a validity of one year is ideal for those students who live in areas, where net connectivity may be a concern.
(B) Study Material: Along with the Online / Pen Drive Course, you can place an order for study material as well. The study material has 100% exam relevant content which gets revised from time to time by our experts. This material will be delivered in hard copy at the address provided by you. The material has ample number of questions which ensure that you are not short of practice before attempting the final exam.
(C) Online Test Series: However, before you attempt the final exam, it is a must to check your speed and accuracy. Our test series is simply the most appropriate tool for doing so. It not only provides you with the all India benchmarking, but also gives you access to detailed analytics. Through these analytics, you get to know your strengths and weaknesses. Apart from it, the detailed solutions provided with the Online Tests also help you fill whatever learning gaps you identify.
Armed with these powerful learning resources, you can confidently take on the IBPS Exam challenge. So what are you waiting for??? Your time starts now!!
This article updates Competitive Exam aspirants on the latest changes that have taken place in IBPS PO selection procedure. To find out more about how to prepare effectively for Banking, SSC & other Govt. Jobs, you can write to us at email@example.com.